If you have missing teeth, including front teeth, a dental bridge can help restore the look and function of your teeth. It bridges the gap where the missing tooth is.
To get a dental bridge, you need healthy teeth on either side of the missing ones.
• Traditional fixed bridge: This is the most common type of bridge. It includes a crown on either side of the pontics (false tooth)
• Maryland dental bridge or resin-bonded bridge: This is often used to replace front teeth. Instead of crowns, it uses porcelain or metal frameworks with “wings” that are bonded to the back of your teeth on either side of the gap.
What to expect
The tooth is initially examined and x-rayed to ensure its strong and healthy enough to receive a crown.
During the first visit for getting a dental bridge, the abutment teeth are prepared.
Preparation involves recontouring these teeth by removing a portion of enamel to allow room for a crown to be placed over them.
Next, impressions of the teeth are made, which serve as a model from which
the bridge, pontic, and crowns will be made by a dental lab.
The new porcelain or metal bridge will be checked and adjusted, as necessary,
to achieve a proper fit.
It will then be cemented into place.
Advantages of bridges
- Restoring a natural look to your mouth/smile
- Restoring the ability to speak normally, as missing teeth can impede proper enunciation
- Maintaining normal facial structure by preventing bone loss from the jaw at the site of the missing tooth/teeth
- Restoring the ability to chew food efficiently Preventing adjacent teeth from moving into the empty space, which can cause problems with your bite and lead to other complications
*PRICES FOR BRIDGES START FROM £250.00
Family-friendly Dental Practice in the heart of the Huddersfield community